Introduction & General Terms
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us online.
In order to provide you with the full range of Golf City Taxis services, we sometimes need to collect information about you or your business.
Golf City Taxis is committed to safeguarding your personal information. We are legally obliged to protect your personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations.
What information will Golf City Taxis collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Golf City Taxis services or make an online booking we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone or mobile number.
By submitting your details, you enable Golf City Taxis to provide you with the services you select.
We do record telephone calls and retain voice records for security purposes and such voice data is securely retained and not used for any third party activity.
What is the legal basis that permits us to use your personal data?
Under data protection laws we are only permitted to use your personal data if we have a legal basis for doing so as set out in the data protection laws. We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where we need your personal data to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
In more limited circumstances we may also rely on the following legal bases:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
- How will Golf City Taxis use the information it collects about me?
Golf City Taxis will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Golf City Taxis may contact you for reasons related to the service (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to provide you with information about our services;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Golf City Taxis websites;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Golf City Taxis may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where Golf City Taxis proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
When will Golf City Taxis contact me?
Golf City Taxis may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Golf City Taxis can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Golf City Taxis services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Golf City Taxis, e.g. via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Golf City Taxis services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below) Local pages will give you detailed information about how Golf City Taxis will contact you in relation to specific services.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Golf City Taxis will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services or activities where you have agreed to this.
Will Golf City Taxis share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Golf City Taxis. However, sometimes Golf City Taxis uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. Golf City Taxis requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Golf City Taxis requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
Offensive or inappropriate content to Golf City Taxis
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to Golf City Taxis or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Golf City Taxis service, Golf City Taxis may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Golf City Taxis reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because of content you email), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
How long will Golf City Taxis keep my personal information?
As a general rule we keep your personal data for the duration of your contract with Golf City Taxis and for a maximum period of 7 years after the contract ends. However, where we have statutory obligations to keep personal data for a longer period or where we may need your personal data for a longer period in case of a legal claim, then the retention period may be longer.
Having reviewed our data storage requirements we consider that customer data may proportionately be held for a period of 7 years after a contract is concluded at which time it will be deleted unless the customer specifically requests it be retained.
Can I find out what personal information Golf City Taxis holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Laws you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Golf City Taxis holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
We will ensure access to personal data is restricted to employees working within our group on a need to know basis. Training will be provided to any employees working within the group who need access to your personal data to ensure it is secured at all times.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as provide information to the owners of the website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org .
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal data please contact the Data Protection Officer who will try to resolve the issue. If we cannot resolve your complaint, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner